We interviewed nora-san who creates artwork with refreshing colors and a Japanese atmosphere!
nora-san is a popular creator in ART street, who draws many beautiful facial profile of girls. We interviewed nora-san to figure out the secret to creating such artwork!
Even with speedpaint, the colors are a necessity!
nora： The colors. I enjoy how the colors are gradually added to the artwork. Especially when I add highlights to the eyes. When I do that, it feels like the character is coming to life.
nora： I think the eyes really express the person's emotion and the characteristics, so I try to make them vivid.
I add colors that come to my mind without hesitation. Blue, yellow, purple, green...
It might turn into an eye color that doesn't exist in reality... but I think art has the freedom to do that LOL.
nora：I remember when I was a kid, I wondered why I could see the side view of other people, but couldn't see mine. (Of course you can't see with a single mirror...)
I've always felt the side view was very special, because I could only see mine from a photo or a video that my friends or families took.
I also just enjoy drawing the line from the nose to the chin, and to the neck.
nora：Thank you, I am happy to hear that!
I draw in a way that is fun for me, so I use many colors that I love.
Although if I add colors without planning, it would look messy.
When I start the drawing, I decide a theme color, like "This time I will draw something blue!".
nora：I just draw when I am in the mood, but I do try to finish an artwork at least once a week.
nora：About 1 to 2 hours. Coloring is my favorite part, so even if it's a speedpaint, I always paint the colors.
There is a 1 hour drawing challenge on twitter, and I sometimes participate in that.
For illustration contests, I spend more time.
New ArticlesSee more
- Look at the combination of kawaii characters and anime style! We interviewed artist Yoshiki.
- cluseller's artwork sparkles like a jewel. We had a chance to interview the artist!
- Tow Tateoka creates cute and detailed artwork with a mix of realism. We interviewed the artist!
- We interviewed the famous artist, En Morikura. She creates a colorful and delicate atmosphere!【PR】
- orange lore creates very sweet artwork that looks as if it came out of a children's book. Here we interview the artist.
- We interviewed artist logA, who switches between anime-like style, and a realism style.