Look at the combination of kawaii characters and anime style! We interviewed artist Yoshiki.
Yoshiki draws kawaii characters with a simplistic style that is seen in anime. We interviewed the artist and asked about tips on drawing in anime style, or where to get inspiration for the outfits!
How did Yoshiki get into digital art?
Yoshiki： I have been drawing since I can remember. I started creating completed drawings with colors since I started using a PC.
Yoshiki：My parents got me a laptop and a pen tablet. So I started to draw on the computer.
Back then, I used programs that came with the tablet, like Photoshop Elements. I also posted on Oekaki BBS.
Yoshiki：Just the art classes in school.
Yoshiki：I was first introduced to them from someone in school that used to draw them. First I just liked the character, but then the music got me hooked as well. VOCALOID opened me up to different genre of music.
The solid traits of the character is just the voice and visuals, so it has room for interpretation.
Yoshiki：Reading and playing games. I like mystery books and RPG game. I also like Yokai.
Yoshiki：I use a Windows PC and a pen tablet. Currently I use Clip Studio Paint, but before I used MediBang Paint. I love the watercolor edge setting on MediBang Paint.
Yoshiki：I usually drink coffee, tea, or green tea, and watch anime or gameplay videos.
Yoshiki：Tooko Miyagi and Toshiki Kusanagi is a big influence. These days I often get inspired by my friends, who are also artists.
Yoshiki：I like artwork with soft colors, thin black and white lineart, and minimal screentones.
I was amazed that their eyes are simplistic, but draws the attention. It was mind blowing that they don't add a lot of details to the eyes.
I also think the way I draw the head is influenced by Toshiki Kusanagi.
New ArticlesSee more
- We interviewed a veteran international illustrator for some advice! Interview with E.J. Su, who specializes in mecha design.
- A fantastic world painted with thick coating paint, colored by warm light! Interview with Lenu!
- We interviewed Liam Gray and Mangaka Ody. Their passion for manga is inspirational!
- cluseller's artwork sparkles like a jewel. We had a chance to interview the artist!
- Tow Tateoka creates cute and detailed artwork with a mix of realism. We interviewed the artist!
- We interviewed the famous artist, En Morikura. She creates a colorful and delicate atmosphere!【PR】