We interviewed Aiuabo who creates charming girls and colorful scenery!
Colorful scenery where you could feel the seasons, with a cute and charming girl in the center! We interviewed the artist Aiuabo who creates such lovely artwork, and asked about their secrets and tips!
How did Aiuabo get into art?
Aiuabo： I've been doodling since I was in pre-school, but when I got serious and started creating completed artworks was about 4 years ago.
However I also drew for homework when I was in vocational school. After graduating, I had a job of drawing backgrounds for several years.
Aiuabo：I have a yard, so I spend a lot of time gardening.
Aiuabo：Yes, sometimes I use the flowers in my garden as reference.
Aiuabo：Um.. I use CLIP STUDIO.
I also bought an expensive Cintiq Pro... the pen is costly too.
Aiuabo：The Cintiq was over 200,000 yen, and the pen is also 8000 yen.. but it breaks once a year.
Aiuabo：For single illustrations, Fuzichoco. There is also Takamichi who does the covers for LO books.
Aiuabo：Yes. Sometimes... I just want to copy their whole artwork.
Aiuabo：My pen name is written "愛生安保 (Aiuabo)". The "愛生(Aiu)" part is the name of a character I used to draw.
Also many exhibitions are in Japanese alphabetical order, so this name would put me at the front lol.
New ArticlesSee more
- We interviewed a veteran international illustrator for some advice! Interview with E.J. Su, who specializes in mecha design.
- A fantastic world painted with thick coating paint, colored by warm light! Interview with Lenu!
- We interviewed Liam Gray and Mangaka Ody. Their passion for manga is inspirational!
- Look at the combination of kawaii characters and anime style! We interviewed artist Yoshiki.
- cluseller's artwork sparkles like a jewel. We had a chance to interview the artist!
- Tow Tateoka creates cute and detailed artwork with a mix of realism. We interviewed the artist!