This artist makes many breathtaking landscape art!! We are interviewing Tsuchiya-san!!
Starry skies, water that tells a story... Tsuchiya-san has posted many breathtaking landscape artwork, and even achieved LEVEL7 on the ART street Ranking! We wondered how Tsuchiya-san does this magic, and we asked many questions to get some clues!
How did Tsuchiya-san get into drawing?
Tsuchiya-san： Actually, I started at an older age, I think I was 19 years old.
I just wanted a new hobby to kill time...
When I was going to vocational school, I was also drawing occasionaly.
I wasn't thinking much when I started but it was so fun I got hooked.
I did learn interior design at the vocational school, but I didn't particularly learn about drawing.
Tsuchiya-san：Yes, furniture and housing environment.
Oh, we did learn about perspective in class, but we didn't learn much details about drawing.
Tsuchiya-san：Hmm.. maybe lol.
I guess I could say it helps me a little, but hmm... I'm not sure..
Tsuchiya-san：That.. was a long time ago lol.
I think I started drawing landscapes because of my favorite artist.
Tsuchiya-san：It's @KUMEKI_3 who is quite famous on twitter.
When I saw Kumeki-san's art, I instantly wished I could draw like that.
That's when I started to do the scenery artworks.
Tsuchiya-san：Really? LOL. I haven't been drawing that long, so I didn't consider it as a change of direction.
I think once you develop that habit, it becomes difficult to change directions even if you wanted to.
Tsuchiya-san：That might be true.
New ArticlesSee more
- We interviewed a veteran international illustrator for some advice! Interview with E.J. Su, who specializes in mecha design.
- A fantastic world painted with thick coating paint, colored by warm light! Interview with Lenu!
- We interviewed Liam Gray and Mangaka Ody. Their passion for manga is inspirational!
- Look at the combination of kawaii characters and anime style! We interviewed artist Yoshiki.
- cluseller's artwork sparkles like a jewel. We had a chance to interview the artist!
- Tow Tateoka creates cute and detailed artwork with a mix of realism. We interviewed the artist!